About My Blog

My World.....

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Coronavirus and Book Events


I'm really thinking about what my scheduled book fairs will be once the WORLD comes out of the coronavirus nightmare.  Is it weird that i am thinking about this?  I don't think so, simply because I know the human mind.  WHERE will we feel confident enough to travel to after this is all over?  Beyond the authors themselves, what about the readers and attendees of the book fairs?  Will they be traveling to the events?  And feel secure enough to bring their children?  Will they feel economically stable enough to buy books and swag?

Perhaps....

BUT we don''t know, do we?

In honor of the year 2020, I had intended to attend several book fairs, not just one.... Georgia, California, Texas, were all my target locations.  (Honestly, I'd even tossed around an event in London in my brain, but ...lol...hadn't figured out the budget for THAT travel!)

Now though, I'm doing none.  I don't want to travel, and risk bringing back the 'rona to my parents, in-laws, young niece and nephew, or even my wonderful husband.  That's the thing with the 'rona, you end up worrying about making others sick, more than you do getting sick your own self....

PLUS, I'm cautious on how to spend my money now, since we don't know what shape the coronavirus will leave the world's economy in.

Le sigh....

Where does that leave me and my quest for more book events?  Stuck at home, blogging....

Toodles!
Kish

No comments:

Post a Comment