About My Blog

My World.....

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Character Interview Time! : Marco (from Fury Rising)

Character Interview Time!
Meet Marco Vasquez. He's a Hunter (demon hunter, specifically) in Fury Rising by Kish Knight.



(Marco Vasquez sits down with Ebony Bowser (of the Brothers that Bite series) for a deep Interview)
(Click  HERE  to follow Ebony and her awesome novel series!)

Ebony Bowser: Let’s welcome Marco Vasquez!
Marco: Hey…..

Ebony Bowser: What is your full name?
Marco: [smiles at interviewer] Marco Vasquez, that’s all

Ebony Bowser: Marco, what is your most treasured possession?
Marco: Gotta be my sword, Bela. It’s one of the original blades of the Angel Uriel.  There were only seven forged by his own hands, and Bela is one of ‘em.  Cuts through almost anything….
Ebony Bowser: Do you know who has the others?
Marco: Yea, all the swords are in my family, since we kept them all in the blood. Bela chose me, so i was lucky to own that one...
Ebony Bowser: Nice! I love it.
Marco: Si...


Ebony Bowser: Are you able to kill?  What circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable? When do you find it unacceptable?
Marco: [laughing]  You kidding me?  This dude right here?  I’ve dusted so many demons, that it ain’t funny.  When it’s acceptable to kill?  As long as the bastards come from hell, then all’s fair to dust them out…. But if they’re innocent humans, then it’s never okay to kill them.  That’s my family’s job: to protect humans that can’t help themselves.
Ebony Bowser: Good Shit!

Ebony Bowser: Marco, what is your species?
Marco: I’m a human, I sure as hell ain’t one of those demons.  But my ancestor was the angel Uriel.  He became the first Demon-Hunter after he got cast out from Heaven.  His offspring became Demon-Hunters, my family. [nods slowly]
Ebony Bowser: Interesting family tree. Why exactly was he cast out?
Marco: Damn, I hate saying it but...
Marco: He got seduced by the idea of joy and pleasures outside of Heaven.... ideas believed to be put in his head by a demon.... I hate them bastards...
Ebony Bowser: Thus him becoming a Demon Hunter.
Marco: [looks grim] Yeah... that's how it happened...
Ebony Bowser: Damn.... but without it happening we would have you fighting for us right?
Marco: Well, nah...if that didn't happen, none of his Descendants would even be down here....like, he wouldn't have gotten cast out from his life as an Angel....[laughs] ...my family, we like fallen Angels out here....
Ebony Bowser: Exactly! Not a great situation for him at the time but maybe it was FATE.
Marco: True

Ebony Bowser: Do you have a best friend?
Marco: [scoffs] Best friend?  Nah, I’m a grown-ass man.  But who I got, is my team, my cousin Pip and our hombre, Slim.  Together, the three of us, we be taking those demons out.  Ask my baby Alicha…she’ll tell you.  Oh, yeah, my guy Thomas is alright, too.  He’s a mage, and he hooks me up with a lot of things that he shouldn’t…lol….  [looks serious] But I value their loyalty.
Ebony Bowser: I can get with that. Do you have any siblings?
Marco: Nah...
Ebony Bowser: Well now you have your soul mate, you can add to that family line 😁😁
Marco: I'm planning to!
Ebony Bowser: You can do it!

Ebony Bowser:  If you died or went missing, who would come for you?
Marco: If I die, then I die.  But if I’m dead, my cousin Pip’s gonna have my back, por Dios….
Ebony Bowser: At least you know who got you for sure. It's hard not knowing who has your back in this fucked up world.
Marco: True! Muy verdad...

Ebony Bowser:  Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/ or true love?
Marco: Oh hell yeah….I just found mi amor, Alicha, the other day.  She don’t know it yet, though… or maybe she playin’ hard to get.  I dunno…
Ebony Bowser: 😏 Probably hard to get. How are you going to get her attention?
Marco: [laughs] Nah, she likes me...but she's being mysterious... it's a'right, it's why i like her...


Ebony Bowser: Marco, Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
Marco: Depends on what it is....
Ebony Bowser: On what? Who has more experience in that situation?
Marco: On whether its my business or not...sometimes i mind my own...
Ebony Bowser: I feel you on that one.


Ebony Bowser: Where and when were you born?  Who/ what are your parents?
Marco: I was born twenty-one years ago…somewhere…ain’t important where, you know?  [winks]   Anyway, my parents are cool people.  My mom is a human, she’s not in the business, but my dad is a Hunter like me.  Hunting passes down on his side of the family.
Ebony Bowser: How does your mother feel about you and your father risking your lives? Does she understand?
Marco: [looks serious] Nah, sometimes I think she doesn't...I worry about her, though...she shouldn't be mixed up in this.
Ebony Bowser: Yes, that is one of the downsides in a job like that. What protections do you have in place for her?
Marco: She stays home, and we go out....our home is a fortress. All our weapons are there, and any demon getting in, won't get back out....
Ebony Bowser: Yes!  That’s what I’m talking about!

Ebony Bowser: What do you like best about the other main character(s)?
Marco:  I love my baby Alicha.  She’s good and she’s sweet. I’m planning to wife her one day.
Kish Knight: [whispers to interviewer quickly] Um yeah….so Marco doesn’t know that Alicha is a Dream-Walker…let’s keep that quiet….for now….
Ebony Bowser: Ok... that is wonderful to hear. Can't wait to learn more about her.

Ebony Bowser: Marco, Who is the person that you respect the most, why?
Marco: I respect my grandfather, Gramps...he's still out in these streets with us, he's still got the Calling...he's probably going to die slaying...till the end!
Ebony Bowser: Respect!

Ebony Bowser: Marco, thank you for answering these questions so far.  I have two more for you.
Marco: Alright, I'm down..

Ebony Bowser: What is your greatest weakness?
Marco: [winks] Got none.
Ebony Bowser: Everyone has something or are you just keeping it to yourself for now??
Marco: Don't know of any...Hunters get knocked down and get back up...
Ebony Bowser: I so feel you, bro.

Ebony Bowser: Marco, last question.  Describe any influences that led you to be the person you are today.
Marco: That’s simple. [smiling menacingly] There are seven Demon Princes, and seven swords like Bela.  Once you use one of the swords to kill a Prince of Hell, both the demon and the blade dies.  My plan is to keep chopping through those bastards until we find and execute all of the Princes.  That’s what I’m about.
Ebony Bowser: Ok, ok i hear that shit!
Ebony Bowser: How close are you to making that happen.
Marco: Well, I'll say this....I just had to put Bela to rest in my last battle...so I'm in mourning...but I guess that means 'one down'...
Ebony Bowser: I am truly sorry for your loss but one down is a win for us and we thank you!
Marco: Damn right...my pleasure
Ebony Bowser: [silently fangirling]

Ebony Bowser: Thank you, Marco (Demon Hunter) and Kish Knight for speaking with us today! Please drop the links where readers that haven't heard your story can find you!
Marco: My pleasure. Thanks for having me up here...
Kish Knight: You can find Marco at : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083RXZC4D
Marco: Also, check Kish out at www.kishknight.com ...


Thanks for reading, folks!
Also, much thanks to Ebony Bowser for running her 
Character Interview series!  
Follow Ebony and her novels HERE!


Read about Marco and Alicha in Fury Rising HERE!



Think my posts are fun?  
Sign up for my quarterly Knight's Time newsletter.
CLICK HERE to sign up



No comments:

Post a Comment