About My Blog

My World.....

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Grimoire Interview with A. Wayne

Gothic Grimoire Authors!
 
Second up on the interview podium.....(drumroll)…..is A. Wayne!
 
 
 

1) How long have you been writing?

I have been writing since before I knew how to write. I was raised by my grandparents and my grandpa worked at a binding/printing company that would allow him to bring home any novels and encyclopedia that had defaults in the printing. I was surrounded by books from the moment I was born.

 
2) Do you remember the very first story that you wrote?  Please, please share with us!

I wrote my very first novel when I was twelve years old inspired by the Greek Mythology and the television series Hercules – The Legendary Journey. It was meant to be a trilogy. I wrote it all by hand, it was about two hundred pages. I might still have it somewhere and was called, Blade Slayer.

 
3) Tell us a little about your grimoire anthology submission, title, synopsis, etc.  Is it a standalone, or a part of a larger novel/ series?

I’m a paranormal author with OCD, a fan of Batman comic books and maybe that is the reason why I like to think in series and so I don’t really write standalone novels. The novel I wrote for The Gothic Grimoire Anthology is the introduction to the Nightfall series inspired by Gothic Bite Magazine and is called, Châ
teau De La Dauphine Bourbon.

The Nightfall series eventually will tie with my two other paranormal series, The Impaler and one that is soon to be released.

 

 4) Do you see yourself as one particular character in this novel?  If so, which one?  BTW, are any of your characters based on family or friends? (….just asking….)

Clementine has some of my traits such as my OCD, PTSD and chronic anxiety. I thought maybe it would comfort some people to know that there are authors living with those too and so I shared those with this character.

Because the story is based on Gothic Bite Magazine and its writers, of course many characters are the inspiration of those in the series. It makes it so much easier when basing a character on people you now.

 
 
5) Are there any spoilers that you want to give to the readers?

I guess I gave it already, it’s inspired by Gothic Bite Magazine and the wonderful writers. It brings a deeper understanding of the vampire world I’m establishing with The Impaler and all paranormal novels I write have a reason to be and are all part of the same vampire universe to come.


 
6) Aside from this project, what book (or series) are you known for?

Aside from The Gothic Grimoire Anthology, I am known for Gothic Bite Magazine and The Impaler series, the first novel Mrs. Blackwood came out in June 2018 and the Winter Goat Man, part of the Merry Krampus anthology part of the same universe came out in December 2018.
 
 
 
7) So, tell us your fave genre all around, in writing?  What genre do you prefer to read?

I grew up reading Goosebumps by R.L. Stine and once I was done, along with a few novels from Fear Street by him as well, I jumped to Stephen King and fell into his world. Aside from giving me clourophobia – the fear of clown, I admired his way of writing and expressing his stories, Salem’s Lot being one of my favorite novels.

Later on, I grew to enjoy Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse and Jeaniene Frost’s The Night Prince. So, I enjoy the paranormal and horror.

That is why, I believe, I’m always digging for more stories to tell in the paranormal and vampires. It is also the reason why I created Gothic Bite Magazine. I wanted a place for those who share the same passion as me to come and feel welcome. I refuse to believe our world is this grey, creatures in the dark make it so much more vibrant in colors.


 
8) What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview?  How would you answer that question?

Something that often comes in my different writing are strong female leads with mental challenges, and there is a reason:
 


I believe that 2019 should be the end of mental illnesses taboo. It should also not be a surprise that women can take the lead. Along with my husband, I watch the WWE Monday Night RAW and Tuesday night Smackdown.

After so many years, finally, the women division is now rising to the top and show how strong they can be with amazing professional wrestlers such as Becky Lynch. They are showing the world — at least some of them, that not all women are “Barbies.”

 

I want my novels to reflect that women can be strong and leaders, just like Ripley did back then with the Alien franchise. However, I want my women lead to also be real and relatable, and for that to happen I learned from my second editor to ask myself this question, “How would I react to this?” Well, the reality is that my female characters of often represents the damaged side of me.


The first installment in The Impaler series, Come In..., is about a 21st-century woman who despite her knowledge of the paranormal, comes to the realization that not everything is what it seems and that sometimes it might be best or quite dangerous to meet your hero. When writing about her, I realized that she would be quite nervous and even suffer trauma.
 

I have PTSD, OCD, IBS, anxiety, insomnia, night terrors, cardiophobia, incarcerophobia and more. I consider myself damaged and I made Lara as such. I wanted people who like me who suffer from many panic-related problems to have someone going through the same stages. After all, Lara faces all of her fears one by one without a choice to run away resulting from the decision she took. She has to keep her word and face nightmares and terrors and must come out alive each time. That makes her as real as can be.

 

9) Alrighty now, just to wrap it up, one last thing.  This is the interview trademark of my blog. What's your favorite bedtime drink? Cocoa, soda, wine?  Inquiring minds want to know, please.  (Don't worry, you can answer 'water,' if you don't want to say (lol).

It’s actually water. Lol! I’m not kidding. I drink 3 liters of water per day, which equals to 101.5 ounces of water per day. My very last drink is a bottle of water before I go to bed. What can I say, maybe I was a mermaid in another life? Haha!

Thank you for this opportunity and this interview! I had a great time.
 
 
 



Forward to the Grimoire Anthology!  See you soon!
 
Ta-Ta!
 

 



 

4 comments: