About My Blog

My World.....

Sunday, September 7, 2014

CHANGING Cover styles Post-Marketing???

oK.  If you follow my blog, then you know that 
I. AM. A. BOOK. COVER. FREAK!!!

I swear, it takes me longer to decide what the cover will 'SAY', than what the novel will be about.  So I just changed the cover of The Shelf (Book 1, Dead-End Ave series, you know the drill).  The reason being that I, from ingesting reader's comments, realize that some people may not pick up that The Shelf is a Teen Thriller novel, with Horror elements thrown in.

(Personally, I thought the FIRE on the front cover showed that.....but anyhoo...)

So, I re-did the cover, and subsequently, changed the face of all the covers down the line of the series.  My original wish was to have a look of the cheesy teen novels of the eighties and nineties, but I guess, in retrospect, even those covers have been currently revamped for modern reader consumption (and sales).


Book 1's cover went from this:


           TO        


this....


Book 2's cover will have to do a similar update..

 TO     ?????

Any objections????
Post them.....




No comments:

Post a Comment