About My Blog

My World.....

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Grimoire Interview with Dora Esquivel

Gothic Grimoire Authors!
 
Fourth up on the interview podium.....(drumroll)…..is Dora Esquivel!


 

1) How long have you been writing?
 
I've been writing since 4th grade.

 
2) Do you remember the very first story that you wrote?  Please, please share with us!
 
Yes, it was about a bunch of leaves in the fall dreading winter. The story was about two leaves left , dreading falling into the ground as winter approaches. 
Come to find out a french author wrote a song, Les Feuilles Morte about autumn leaves similar to what I wrote in 4th grade, it was written after WWII. 

3) Tell us a little about your grimoire anthology submission, title, synopsis, etc.  Is it a standalone, or a part of a larger novel/ series?
 
My story is called When the Nail Hits the Head, post apocalyptic, set after disease has changed the US. It's about these sister states competing for resources and how they try to knock each other off. It also tells the story about those who don't live in these sister states and how they try to live outside the cities. 
My character's meet in the desert, one is rescued, while the other one is heading to one of the cities. There's also a strange dog who does what ever he wants. He's an Irish Wolfhound with lots of attitude. There is some paranormal in it and I hope to write a second book to it.

4) Do you see yourself as one particular character in this novel?  If so, which one?  BTW, are any of your characters based on family or friends? (….just asking….) 
 
No not really, I write characters I would like to be, tough and brutal. 

5) Are there any spoilers that you want to give to the readers?
 
One of my character's is a powerful necromancer, he doesn't realize it. 

6) Aside from this project, what book (or series) are you known for?
 
Ancient Bond: Masters and Servants 
 

7) So, tell us your fave genre all around, in writing?  What genre do you prefer to read?
 
 My favorite genre is dark paranormal and sci-fi. 
Favorite to read dark paranormal and sci-fi.

8) What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview?  How would you answer that question? 
 

I really don't know. 

9) Alrighty now, just to wrap it up, one last thing.  This is the interview trademark of my blog. What's your favorite bedtime drink? Cocoa, soda, wine?  Inquiring minds want to know, please.  (Don't worry, you can answer 'water,' if you don't want to say (lol).
 

My favorite drink is water actually...lol
 







Forward to the Grimoire Anthology!  See you soon!
 
Ta-Ta!

2 comments:

  1. A necromancer in a post-apocalyptic story. Interesting . . .!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....I definitely thought the author 'hit the nail' with that concept….

      Delete