About My Blog

My World.....

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Grimoire Interview with Aida Jacobs

Gothic Grimoire Authors!
 
First up on the interview podium.....(drumroll)…..is Aida Jacobs!






1) How long have you been writing?


I first began writing nineteen years ago, during my Senior year of high school. I took a creative writing class as an elective, since I didn't have a math or science class, and it sparked my love of writing. 

 

2) Do you remember the very first story that you wrote?  Please, please share with us!

Actually, this ties into the first question! The first story I wrote was Celtic Princess, which was the original draft of what was to eventually become Dragon Guardian: Fire, book 1 of my Primordyan Chronicles. This book was actually my class project for my creative writing class. You see, at the end of every week in the class, we would either have to turn in a collection of three poems, or a single short story. Short stories were really difficult for me back then, and poetry was something I reserved for when I was feeling depressed; so, I approached my teacher with my idea of writing a novel over the course of a year, and she gave me a very enthusiastic "yes" of approval. As such, the beginnings of my Primordyan Chronicles was born!

 

3) Tell us a little about your grimoire anthology submission, title, synopsis, etc.  Is it a standalone, or a part of a larger novel/ series?

 
The name of my submission is Darkest Dealings, and it is actually a prequel to my Primordyan Chronicles. It focuses entirely upon the character of Nahga, who happens to be the villain of my series. The road to victory is paved with blood, and Nahga's rise to power is certainly no exception. I thought it would be fun for readers of my series to have a peek into the dark origins of the cunning and sadistic villain they love to hate; and, I thought that the story would also serve as a good starting point for people who have yet to read my series.

 

4) Do you see yourself as one particular character in this novel?  If so, which one?  BTW, are any of your characters based on family or friends? (….just asking….)

Dear lord, I would HOPE not! Nahga is a seriously nasty customer! Being the Hufflepuff that I am, I'm honestly still amazed that I managed to create so dark and twisted a villain. 

 

5) Are there any spoilers that you want to give to the readers?

Nope! 

 

6) Aside from this project, what book (or series) are you known for?

Given my small, but dedicated readership, I would say that my being "known" would be a bit of a stretch, lol. However, those who have read my work will know me for my Primordyan Chronicles. This series has been my life's work for nineteen years. It took fourteen years of tweaks and rewrites in the wake of being rejected time and time again by publishing houses before I decided to self-publish book 1 (Dragon Guardian: Fire), and I am currently working on book 4 (Dragon Guardian: Earth). In addition to my series, I also contributed a fun story (Krampus Korps) to the Merry Krampus anthology done by Gothic Bite Magazine.
 

 

7) So, tell us your fave genre all around, in writing?  What genre do you prefer to read?

Fantasy is my preferred genre for writing. When it comes to reading, I enjoy fantasy, romance, and occasionally, sci-fi.

 

8) What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview?  How would you answer that question? 

Q. What is the secret to your chocolate-chip cookies?

A. I'll take that secret to my grave! ;) 

 

9) Alrighty now, just to wrap it up, one last thing.  This is the interview
trademark of my blog. What's your favorite bedtime drink? Cocoa, soda, wine?  Inquiring minds want to know, please.  (Don't worry, you can answer 'water,' if you don't want to say (lol).

Depends on the situation, quite honestly. If I'm on a time crunch to meet a writing deadline, then I'm all about the coffee, regardless of the time of night. If it's an average night, then my drink of choice tends to be water, or ginger-ale.

 
 
 
 
Forward to the Grimoire Anthology!  See you soon!
 
Ta-Ta!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment