About My Blog

My World.....

Sunday, December 15, 2013

So....The Field's review comes on Sunday, not Saturday...(I'm sorry)

Honestly, I had no clue what I was getting into when I signed up to review The Field by Tracy Richardson.  Usually, I need to have a picture in MY BRAIN about ‘what I think a book is about, where I would like it to end, yada’.  On this one, I just didn’t know.  So I used a technique that I haven’t used since college, practically.  {SHAME, but it works!}  I dipped in, to a random page, several chapters in, and seized a phrase:

Remote viewing

And THAT was all it took.  I LOVE the concept of remote viewing, ever since I first heard the terminology.  Then I saw:

Enhanced consciousness


Yayyyy!  I kept reading…..


So, as it turns out in The Field, there is an experiment in progress, to study the actual presence of 'enhanced consciousness' between bonded pairs.  This basically means that a pair of people, who are relatively close, best friends, lovers, siblings, etc, are able to transmit mind images to each other.  Eric, the main character, and his best friend, Will, ended up going in to be tested/ studied as bonded pairs.  How did they end up getting involved with this?  Since they're teenage boys, you know THERE IS A GIRL INVOLVED.  Eric has a serious crush on the main researcher's daughter, and this is why he goes ahead with this.

As it turns out, Eric's genetic makeup already makes him pre-destined to have skills in the whole psychic/ remote viewing realm, BUT developing his mental powers DO. NOT. MAKE. him happy.  He begins to develop insecurities along the course of the book.


The Field was an interesting read, with catchy concepts, and the author herself is also intriguing.  She mentioned that she loved the book, A Wrinkle in Time, which I also loved as a kid.  My sister and I read A Wrinkle in Time over and over and over.  I can see where Ms. Richardson receives her writing inspiration from.

Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment